It has been asked how to have multiple guardians view and maintain SportsEngine information for a child. Most often it is the case where one guardian signs up a child for soccer, but that may not be the guardian that is providing “taxi” service, setting schedules, etc. This gives the ability for multiple guardians to view schedules, make RSVPs, chat, message, etc. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to accomplish adding another guardian for a child’s account. I will try to add screenshots at a later date.
Edit: I found an official SportsEngine tutorial with pictures. This may be a better guide. https://help.sportsengine.com/en/articles/314-how-to-add-guardians
- Start SportsEngine app.
- Click on Account in the bottom right corner.
- You will see your account settings including phone number and email address(es). Take a moment to update these if necessary with the Edit button.
- You will see a section towards the bottom titled Household Information with each soccer-playing child of your household listed. Click on the child’s name.
- You will see guardian information for the child under Contact Information. To add a guardian, click on the pencil icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Menu options will pop up to edit player information and add/remove guardian. Select the option desired.
- When adding a guardian, you will put in the email address in the appropriate text box. Click the checkmark icon in the upper right corner of the screen to confirm.
- Note that the email address you put in the box has to already be associated with a SportsEngine account. If step 7 fails, try having the new guardian create an account with SportsEngine first.
- You should see a message about successfully inviting a guardian. The new guardian will get an email invitation and need to accept it to complete the process.
- Go to sportsengine.com and log in.
- Select the button Continue next to your name.
- Click on Household on the left side menu.
- Click on the child’s name.
- You will see a section labelled Guardians with a plus icon next to it. Click the plus.
- An Invite a Guardian popup will show. Put in the new guardian’s email address. Click Send Invitation.
- Note that the email address you put in the box has to already be associated with a SportsEngine account. If step 6 fails, try having the new guardian create an account with SportsEngine first.
- You should see a message about an invitation being sent. The new guardian will get an email invitation and need to accept it to complete the process.
Please comment below or on the Facebook post with any questions. Thanks!