Date: Saturday, March 4th
Location: Falling Branch Elementary
The schedule is below:
Kindergarten – Pick-up – 9:00-9:15
Coach training – 9:15-9:45 – Bring yourself and your child, along with a ball.
U8B/G – Pick-up – 9:45-10:00
Coach training – 10:00-10:30 – Bring yourself and your child, along with a ball.
All divisions – Pick-up – 10:30-10:45 – For all coaches that need to pick-up equipment but don’t need training.
PreK – Pick-up – 3:00-3:15
Coach training – 3:15-3:45
All divisions – Pick-up – 3:45-4:15
U10+ – Pick-up/Coach training – 3:45-4:15
If you cannot pick-up the equipment yourself, please send someone from your team. This will be the only coach training and equipment hand-out that we’re having this season. Make all arrangements to have your team equipment picked up.
When attending the coach training, DO NOT bring your team, bring only your child/children. If you need training but are unable to attend, please email me so we can make alternate arrangements.
It’s that time of year again, so dust off your cleats and break-out your shin guards. Get ready for Spring Soccer.
Recreation registration is now open!
2013 Spring Recreation Soccer League
* Registration closes Friday, February 15, 2013 at 11:59p
Season: March 4 – June 1
Cost: $45 per player
Click here to begin registration. Our online registration form will open in a new window.
The Christiansburg Soccer Club provides a framework for 80 or more teams to participate. In order to successfully provide a positive soccer experience, we need your help. Please consider volunteering your time. We have both one-time and season-long volunteering opportunities.
Coaches: Unless you coached during the Fall 2012 season, you are required to complete the following registration form. This registration form is required to be submitted annually. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you’re new to the club, click through for more information on where we play and some of our Club rules. And don’t forget to stay up-to-date with us online at Facebook and Twitter.
We still need one more volunteer for the Fall 2012 season. If your child has a practice at CPS on Thursday nights, please consider volunteering to re-paint the fields during your child’s practice. Now that the lines are measured, it only takes about 20 minutes to re-paint. We supply the striper and the paint. It is very easy to accomplish and we’d be ever so grateful if you could help up with this task.
Call for volunteers: CSC provides a framework for youth to play soccer, but it needs parent support to make it work. Below is a listing of a number of areas where parents can volunteer this season. Some are calls for one-time help; others are for the season.
1) Signs: If you see that a CSC sign is still up and can take it down along with the two posts and take to our office at 70 E. 1st St, please do so and e-mail me where it came from.
2) Fields: CMS2 and the U18 field will be marked at 9:00 a.m. Saturday, weather permitting. 3 volunteers are requested.
3) Trash: Here is a bureaucratic head scratcher: CMS will not empty trash cans on CMS fields. If you have a truck, and see a full trash bag sitting next to the fence, please consider loading it up to take to the dump. DO NOT complain to the school. We are fortunate to have the fields and do not want that jeopardized.
4) Lining fields: If your child’s team has a Thursday night practice on CPS, FBE, or CMS, consider contacting me to paint the lines. It is easy once the lines have been originally marked,m and gives a parent something to do during practice. Teams practicing on Thursdays need to make way for the line painters.
Finally. we have record numbers and significant field limitations. We are working to remedy that, with GSBC field scheduled for full opening in the spring, and a renovated Depot Street field expected to open next fall. Until then, space is tight, so please cooperate with teams that you are sharing space with.