Upcoming Goalkeeping camp run by one of our very own CSC parents and coaches, Travis Bishop. This is an excellent camp offered each season. We highly recommend attending if you’re a current or aspiring keeper.
Registration for the 2018 spring rec soccer season is now open. Register Now
Registration is for all rec players 3 years old to 18 years old, PreK through High School. Registration will remain open until Friday, February 16th at 6p.
– Spring rec registration opens 1/22/18 at 6a and will remain open until Friday, 2/16/18 at 6p. Registrations received after the close will incur a $15 late fee. Please make sure you register before the deadline. Due to the large number of players we have each season, we have been unable to accept late registrations in most divisions.
•We accept all players 3-18. Players must be three years old by March 16, 2018.
•The spring season will last for eight weeks. Practices for U8+ will begin the week of march 12th. Kindergarten will begin Friday, March 16th. PreK and U8+ games will begin Saturday, March 17th.
•The season fee is $50, payable at the time of registration via credit cards only. There will be a late fee of $15 after 2/16/18 6p.
•Games will begin the weekend of March 16th.
•All of our rec coaches are volunteers. Please consider volunteering your time this season. Volunteering to coach can be completed at the time of your player registration. Contact Michelle Ireland, email@example.com, with any questions.
•All players are required to have shin guards, athletic shorts/pants, ball (PreK, K, and U8 need a size 3 ball, U10 a size 4 ball, and U13+ need a size 5 ball), and water bottle. PreK is allowed to wear athletic shoes, ALL OTHERS MUST have cleats. No exceptions.
•Team rosters will be posted 1-2 weeks AFTER the close of registration.
•PreK practices and plays Saturdays 11:15-12
•Kindergarten practices and plays Friday evenings 6-7
•U8, one 60 minute weeknight practice, one Saturday morning game
•U10, one 75 minute weeknight practice, one Saturday morning game
•U13, two 75-90 minute weeknight practices, one Saturday morning game
•U18, two 90 minutes weeknight practices, one Saturday game. Some games may be double-headers and may be scheduled in the afternoon.
•The Club provides a team jersey and one pair of soccer socks to each new player. Each player will receive one “home” jersey and one “away” jersey. Returning fall players are expected to use the jerseys distributed to them for the fall season. All new spring players will receive a new jersey set. If your fall player needs a replacement set of jerseys, please indicate that on your registration.
•The scheduled ending date for the season is May 12th, with the following two weekends reserved for make-up games.
There are two upcoming certification courses for new USSF Referees:
January 27, 2018
From 8:00 AM – 4:00PM
Litton Reeves Hall
February 3, 2018
From 8:00AM – 4:00PM
The one day format requires the students to complete online modules (once available) BEFORE ATTENDING THE CLASS.
To register, please go to the Metro DC-Virginia State Referee Program site: www.vadcsoccerref.com and follow the instructions under “Registration Instructions” tab on the left hand side.
Clinic listing is in the left hand column, on the new page click on the “click here”, on another new page click on the “WEST – NEW GRADE 8 ONLINE COMBO” for classes
OR you can use direct link:
This is the link to the 2018 new referee classes in our area :
Registration is now open and must be completed before 9:00 p.m. Wednesday, January 24, 2018 for Blacksburg course and 9:00 p.m. Wednesday, January 31, 2018 for Roanoke course.
Clinic sessions will include classroom and field modules (weather permitting).
Lunch is on your own.
Any questions on the Blacksburg course contact Sam Doak at 540-250-6903 or firstname.lastname@example.org and on the Roanoke course, contact Mark Ingvaldsen at 540-353-6325 or email@example.com.
It has been our great pleasure to host your soccer activities for the past few months. We hope that all of you are ending the season full of fun fall memories spent learning and playing the beautiful game of soccer.
We would appreciate your feedback on how things went this season. Below is a link to our end-of-season survey. The survey is completely anonymous and will take approximately 2 minutes. We are interested to hear about your experiences with your coach(es), with the club, and with your team. Your responses will help us to continue to grow and refine our program to meet the needs of our community.
Recreation league survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeehV1eWc5ePwf7ckzp8Vj4r9BYtTxfsFZRyb_OJybdceaxlQ/viewform
Academy league survey: https://goo.gl/forms/4DhvWfqmLElzvoys1
Travel league survey: https://goo.gl/forms/VIPSkTbaiCPHpknW2
Spring 2018 registration will open in December/January with the season beginning in March. Look for updates here on our website and our social media pages.
Keeping your foot on the ball during the off-season is not only great for keeping those skills up, but a ton of fun, too. Below are the area clubs that offer off-season training.
New River United
New River United will once again host its Winter Futsal League at Gateway Baptist Church for the 2018 season. Our partnership with Gateway Baptist Church continues to grow as they provide us with a beautiful gym that includes a rubber tile surface (floor was used in the 86’ Olympics), concrete bleachers for spectators, a scoreboard, and a concession stand on Saturdays. We will also be adding a boom box this season, so we can play music in-between games.
What is Futsal: Futsal is a great way for players to stay active and improve their skills over the winter break. Futsal is a 5v5 game and it is played on a smaller and faster surface. The players get more touches on the ball and have to make faster decisions when they have the ball as compared to an outdoor game on a larger field. There is out-of-bounds, so players can’t kick the ball off a wall, and the ball is weighted so it does not bounce. Consequently, players are forced to use their foot skills in order to have success in a match. Games are two 20-minute halves with a 5-minute halftime. We aim for 7 players per team. Players are rotated equally so everyone gets the same number of minutes. We use scrimmage vests for uniforms to keep the cost of registration down.
Age Groups/Divisions: Registration is open and the age groups beginning at U8 (6-7 years old are allowed to play in the U8 age group) and go through high school. For the first time, if numbers allow, NRU will have a competitive and rec division. Players can sign up as they see fit, just because you do not play travel, does not mean you can’t join the competitive division. Adult League registration is also open.
Scheduling: Depending on registration numbers, the high school age group will play Monday Nights, Tuesday’s and Thursday’s are normally for the technical sessions, Friday is U13 age group, and Saturday’s games will start at 8:30am with the U8’s and continue age groups through out the day with U10s late morning/early afternoon, and U11/12s in the afternoon/evening. Week day games are either 5:30pm, 6:30pm, or 7:30pm. The season will start the week of January 4th and end February 27th. Make-up games will be played if winter weather interferes with road conditions.
Cost: Cost to play is $80 for the season and it includes 8 games. NRU will offer technical practice sessions (unless we need to fill those time slots for more games due to growth) on nights for all age groups below high school normally on Tuesdays and Thursdays. To register, please go to our “programs” tab on the website, and under Winter Futsal League, there is “youth registration” and “adult registration”, select one of those and it will guide you from there.
Once again this Winter, Valley AFC will be hosting its annual VAFC Indoor League and we are now accepting registrations. Come join us and play in the largest Indoor Soccer Program in the area!!
- Indoor Soccer League – Team Registration
- For already formed travel/recreational/High School/pickup teams.
- Ages U8-U19 + Women’s Adult
- $75 per player
- 8 players minimum required on the roster
- Indoor Soccer League – Individual Registration
- Ages U7-U19 + Women’s Adult
- For those who do not have a team
- Valley AFC will form teams in these age groups for play or add players to existing teams in need.
- $95 per player
- Xpress Soccer School
- U10/U8 Program
- The Xpress Soccer School will run through the Winter season
- U10 – 2 training sessions a week – led by our Director of Youth Development, Britt Richardson
- U8 – 1 training session per week – led by our Director of Youth Development, Britt Richardson
- Soccer School players will also be entered into the Indoor league as individual players and placed on teams
- U10 – $199 (including $95 indoor league fee)
- U8 – $149 (including $95 indoor league fee)
- Little Strikers
- 8 sessions
To register for any of these programs please visit our website here for details:
The deadline for all registrations without a late fee is Friday December 8th.
This is technical training to improve a Player’s mastery and manipulation of the ball. Sessions begin the first week of December and span 9 weeks.
A Participant can sign up for Complete Training (both Fridays and Sundays) or Individual Evening Training (either Fridays only or Sundays only).
Cost for all 18 sessions is $165. Cost for Individual Evenings (9 sessions) is $100.
Training will be led by SWVA Rush Technical Director – Adam Ritchie and is available to ALL Players (even non-SWVA Rush Club Members) from ages 7-15. Sessions will be by age and Players will be grouped by ability and age.
Sessions and Times:
Fridays – Academy (7-11 Year Olds) 6:00-7:00 pm
Juniors (12-15 Year Olds) 7:00-8:00 pm
Sundays – Academy (7-11 Year Olds) 5:30-6:30 pm
Juniors (12-15 Year Olds) 6:30-7:30 pm
All Sessions will be held at the Pulaski YMCA, 615 Oakhurst Ave., Pulaski, Va.
Register at: https://leagues.bluesombrero.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1191353
Blacksburg Indoor League
Registration is for teams only, not individuals. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Christiansburg Soccer Club will be hosting the U.S. Soccer National D License Course. This course will be conducted over the weekend of 11/3 and held at Christiansburg Middle School.
*All active CSC coaches will be fully reimbursed for the cost of the course upon successful completion.
The National D course is a 36 to 40-hour course, typically held over two weekends, 10 weeks apart, designed for the experienced coach who has already earned a National E license. The focus of this course is to improve a coach’s ability to positively influence individual players and teams. The course consists of a series of lectures and field sessions, and attendance is mandatory for the full duration of all course meetings.
For more information on the course, please visit the coaching education website with U.S. Soccer at: http://www.ussoccer.com/coaching-education/licenses/national-d
To register for the course, please visit the direct registration page at: https://dcc.ussoccer.com/courses/available/3/va/details/1482/
Our fall rec coach training and equipment hand-out is scheduled for Saturday, August 26th on the fields at Christiansburg Middle School (CMS)
9:00-9:30 – U8 Coaches, bring yourself and your player so we can demonstrate games/drills.
9:30-10:00 – U10 Coaches, bring yourself and your player so we can demonstrate games/drills.
10:00-11:00 – PreK & K Coaches, bring yourself and your player so we can demonstrate games/drills.
Although many divisions are not complete yet due to the lack of coaches and not all of coaches have been assigned teams, we need to pass along the coach training and equipment hand-out information. If you volunteered to coach in U8B, U10B, U13C or U13C, either as an assistant or head coach, you will be assigned to a team. So even though you haven’t gotten your roster yet, you will shortly.
U13 Coaches – If you know of anyone interested in coaching or if you have registered as an assistant coach but can be a head coach, please contact me. We need coaches for 3-4 more teams.
Equipment handed out will only be coaching equipment – cones, discs, bags, goals. Player jerseys will not be handed out, so if you have equipment from previous seasons and don’t need training you do NOT need to attend on Saturday.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com
See you on Saturday.
Registration for the 2017 fall rec soccer season opens Monday, 7/10/17 at 6a and will remain open until Friday, August 18th at 6p.
– Fall rec registration opens 7/10/17 at 6a and will remain open until Friday, 8/18/17 at 6p. Registrations received after the close will incur a $15 late fee. Please make sure you register before the deadline. Due to the large number of players we have each season, we have been unable to accept late registrations in most divisions.
- We accept all players 3-18. Players must be three years old by September 8, 2017.
- The fall season will last for eight weeks. Practices for U8+ will begin two weeks prior to the first weekend of games. PreK and K will begin the first weekend of girls.
- The season fee is $50, payable at the time of registration via credit cards only. There will be a late fee of $15 after 8/18/17 6p.
- Games will begin the weekend of September 9th.
- All of our rec coaches are volunteers. Please consider volunteering your time this season. Volunteering to coach can be completed at the time of your player registration. Contact Michelle Ireland, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
- All players are required to have shin guards, athletic shorts/pants, ball (PreK, K, and U8 need a size 3 ball, U10 a size 4 ball, and U13+ need a size 5 ball), and water bottle. PreK is allowed to wear athletic shoes, ALL OTHERS MUST have cleats. No exceptions.
- Team rosters will be posted 1-2 weeks AFTER the close of registration.
- PreK practices and plays Saturdays 11:15-12
- Kindergarten practices and plays Friday evenings 6-7
- U8, one 60 minute weeknight practice, one Saturday morning game
- U10, one 75 minute weeknight practice, one Saturday morning game
- U13, two 75-90 minute weeknight practices, one Saturday morning game
- U18, two 90 minutes weeknight practices, one Saturday game. Some games may be double-headers and may be scheduled in the afternoon.
- The Club provides a team jersey and one pair of soccer socks to each new player. Each player will receive one “home” jersey and one “away” jersey. This is new this season. More information will sent after registration closes.
- The scheduled ending date for the season is October 28th, with the following two weekends reserved for make-up games.
This July the NSCAA will be offering the Level 1 and 2 Goalkeeper Diploma courses in Roanoke. The Level 1 is a six hour course geared towards the team coach and the Level 2 is a 12 hour course that is geared towards the specialist coach as well as giving the team coach more in-depth information in regards to training their goalkeepers. Both courses include lecture (theory) and field (practical) sessions. Below are the links for the course information as well as registration.
For any CSC academy or travel coach that attends this course and offers to run four goalkeeper sessions for us in the fall, CSC will reimburse you the cost of the course.