Stay out of any saturated or damaged areas and safely move goals from goal boxes for practices.
The following fields will remain closed for today: CMS and CPS
The following fields are partially open: GSBC and FBE
The following fields are fully open: AES, CHS Band, CES
If you practice on one of the fields that is fully open, you will practice tonight unless otherwise contacted by your coach or team manager.
If you practice on a partially open field you should plan to practice unless otherwise contacted by your coach or team manager – your coach has been contacted with the field parameters.
If you practice on a field that is fully closed, your practice has been cancelled unless otherwise contacted by your coach or team manager. 11UB White practice has been relocated; look for an email from your team manager. Teams Bartos U8, Reeves/Ireland U13C, and Shephard U13C will not practice tonight. 15UB families should contact their team manager for practice information
As always, be sure to check our website and social pages for field status updates.
1) Kindergarten will be played tonight. All scheduled practices and games should be played tonight. Have an awesome time!
2) All rec games are cancelled for Saturday and Sunday, this includes all home games on CSC fields and all away games at NRU.
3) Saturday’s rec matches are being rescheduled but won’t be posted until some time over the weekend or early next week.
4) Sunday’s rec matches are all being rescheduled for two weeks from then, to Sunday 4/8. Same time, location, and match-ups.
This is for rec games only. Academy matches being played away are yet to be determined. All travel teams will hear from their manager.
All fields will re-open today. Please remain off any wet or soft areas so we can preserve the fields. Coaches, if you need to use the goals, please move them away from the goal boxes.
It should not come as a surprise that the fields are closed due to the rain. The fields will remain closed until an e-mail is sent that OPENS them back up. If we receive rain as forecast, then the fields will likely remain closed on Tuesday and Wednesday, and would only re-open Thursday if the fields have adequately drained. We are far enough along in the season that we will NOT be attempting to make up missed rec practices.
The travel tryout schedule is also being affected. Tryouts set for Mustangs and Hornets will be moved back from Tuesday to this Thursday, and will be at CMS. The tryouts set for the Sharks and the Strikers are being moved from CMS to GSBC on Thursday.
Friday night: All fields closed. Kindergarten soccer moved to tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.
Saturday: We are cautiously optimistic that fields will be able to re-open in the morning. It will depend on how much more rain we receive and how quickly the fields drain. An update will be provided at 7:00 a.m.
If only it was 80° with 20 mph winds our fields would be dry by morning … but alas, it is not. The snow is melting but the fields are not draining. As a result, ALL FIELDS ARE CLOSED FRIDAY EVENING AND SATURDAY MORNING and:
1) All Kindergarten games originally scheduled for April 5th will now be postponed to Friday, May 17th;
2) All CSC home rec games originally scheduled for April 6th are postponed to Saturday, May 18th;
3) All CSC teams scheduled to play in Blacksburg tomorrow will now be playing next Sunday, April 14th. Kickoff is scheduled for 5 hours later than originally scheduled for tomorrow’s game. For example, a game originally scheduled for 9:00 a.m. will now start at 2:00 p.m. next Sunday. Coaches need to contact their team ASAP and let us know by MONDAY if they will have enough players. If not, we will recruit guest players because NRU fields are not available May 18th. If a coach is not available, and no substitute is available on the team, let us know and a guest coach will be arranged.
4) Afternoon travel games have not yet been postponed, but field conditions do not look favorable.
Spring weather is unpredictable, but this spring may win an award for that.
The sun is expected to come out Friday afternoon . . . but not in time to melt the fields and have them dry enough to be playable. As a result, Kindergarten soccer is being tentatively postponed to this Saturday at 1:00 p.m.
By Saturday at 7am, a decision will made about whether the fields are playable for all Saturday games. If your team plays in Blacksburg, NRU will determine whether those games are postponed and will update their website at http://www.nrusa.org.
Game-day decisions are posted on the website, Facebook, Twitter, and via email.
GAME FIELDS CLOSED. All game fields are closed this week. Rec teams are asked to cancel all practices this week. Even if the snow melts and the fields start to dry, the late start to spring is putting tremendous strain on the fields. The fields will be able to take more wear and tear once the spring grass has started growing. Rec teams can resume practice next week and prepare for their next game on April 6th, hopefully in spring conditions.
Travel/academy teams are asked to stay off game fields until Friday, March 29th. Travel/academy teams may contact Dennis Nagel about alternative locations (AES, CES, and SES).