There are two upcoming certification courses for new USSF Referees:
August 12, 2017
From 8:00AM – 5:00PM
August 19, 2017
From 8:00 AM – 5:00PM
Litton Reeves Hall
The one day format requires the students to complete online modules BEFORE ATTENDING THE CLASS.
To register, please go to the Metro DC-Virginia State Referee Program site: www.vadcsoccerref.com and follow the instructions under “Registration Instructions” tab on the left hand side.
Clinic listing is in the left hand column, on the new page click on the “click here”, on another new page click on the “WEST – NEW GRADE 8 ONLINE COMBO” for classes
OR you can use direct link:
This is the link to the 2017 new referee classes in our area :
Registration must be completed by 9:00 PM August 9, 2017 for Roanoke course and August 16, 2017 for Blacksburg course.
Clinic sessions will include classroom and field modules (weather permitting).
Lunch is on your own.
Any questions on the Blacksburg course contact Sam Doak at 540-250-6903 or firstname.lastname@example.org and on the Roanoke course, contact Mark Ingvaldsen at540-353-6325 or email@example.com
Registration for the 2017 fall rec soccer season opens Monday, 7/10/17 at 6a and will remain open until Friday, August 18th at 6p.
– Fall rec registration opens 7/10/17 at 6a and will remain open until Friday, 8/18/17 at 6p. Registrations received after the close will incur a $15 late fee. Please make sure you register before the deadline. Due to the large number of players we have each season, we have been unable to accept late registrations in most divisions.
- We accept all players 3-18. Players must be three years old by September 8, 2017.
- The fall season will last for eight weeks. Practices for U8+ will begin two weeks prior to the first weekend of games. PreK and K will begin the first weekend of girls.
- The season fee is $50, payable at the time of registration via credit cards only. There will be a late fee of $15 after 8/18/17 6p.
- Games will begin the weekend of September 9th.
- All of our rec coaches are volunteers. Please consider volunteering your time this season. Volunteering to coach can be completed at the time of your player registration. Contact Michelle Ireland, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
- All players are required to have shin guards, athletic shorts/pants, ball (PreK, K, and U8 need a size 3 ball, U10 a size 4 ball, and U13+ need a size 5 ball), and water bottle. PreK is allowed to wear athletic shoes, ALL OTHERS MUST have cleats. No exceptions.
- Team rosters will be posted 1-2 weeks AFTER the close of registration.
- PreK practices and plays Saturdays 11:15-12
- Kindergarten practices and plays Friday evenings 6-7
- U8, one 60 minute weeknight practice, one Saturday morning game
- U10, one 75 minute weeknight practice, one Saturday morning game
- U13, two 75-90 minute weeknight practices, one Saturday morning game
- U18, two 90 minutes weeknight practices, one Saturday game. Some games may be double-headers and may be scheduled in the afternoon.
- The Club provides a team jersey and one pair of soccer socks to each new player. Each player will receive one “home” jersey and one “away” jersey. This is new this season. More information will sent after registration closes.
- The scheduled ending date for the season is October 28th, with the following two weekends reserved for make-up games.
This July the NSCAA will be offering the Level 1 and 2 Goalkeeper Diploma courses in Roanoke. The Level 1 is a six hour course geared towards the team coach and the Level 2 is a 12 hour course that is geared towards the specialist coach as well as giving the team coach more in-depth information in regards to training their goalkeepers. Both courses include lecture (theory) and field (practical) sessions. Below are the links for the course information as well as registration.
For any CSC academy or travel coach that attends this course and offers to run four goalkeeper sessions for us in the fall, CSC will reimburse you the cost of the course.
Christiansburg Soccer is offering FREE ACADEMY soccer for players born in 2009 and 2008.
Interested players must be competitive, have an appropriate amount of athleticism, show strong effort, and have the ability to follow coach direction. Specific soccer skills are not a priority.
Please note: This program is available to players with a 2009 or 2008 birth year. Any players with a 2010 birth year must have a coach recommendation in order to be evaluated. To receive a coach recommendation, please have your current coach contact us at email@example.com.
About the Academy Program:
The Academy program is the bridge between recreational play and competitive play and builds the skill foundation necessary to play competitively through high school. The Academy focuses on individual technical skill and gaining a comprehensive understanding of all positions and team play. Joining the academy program differs from both the rec and travel programs in that players must be evaluated to ensure that they meet the basic requirements for the program. This is not rec where everyone is accepted nor is it a tryout where players must demonstrate a certain level of technical and tactical skill. More on the evaluation process below.
Practices and Games:
Players will have two 75 minute practices per week and will play in a variety of game situations throughout the season. The Academy program does not offer a standard eight-week, one game per week schedule. Games will be played on either Saturday or Sunday and may be comprised of intra-squad, friendlies, traditional games, festivals, and tournaments.
The program will be FREE for all eligible players born in the years mentioned above.
How to Register:
Interested players must pre-register for evaluations.
To register, visit our website at www.csoccer.org. Click on Register along the top left, then log into our account. On your account home page you will see New Program Available next to your player’s name. Click on that and select the 2017 Fall Academy Program. Complete the registration. You will receive a confirmation email once the registration is completed.
Registration is open now and through June 2nd at 6pm.
Unlike the rec program that accepts all players, the Academy program conducts evaluations to ensure that all registered players are appropriate for the program. This is not a tryout, simply a way for coaches to make sure that your player exhibits the basic requirements to participate in the program.
Evaluations will be held in early June for all new players. Current academy players must register for the program and are encouraged to attend the evaluations.
CSC will accept the appropriate number of players based on coaching resources and team size limitations for each age group. Our goal is to accept as many interested players as possible.
Additional Program Details:
TRAVEL: Academy players will not travel more than 40 minutes away for games UNLESS parents agree that they want their child to participate. Festivals and tournaments may be further away, however multiple games are played in each which offsets the travel burden.
PLAYER DEVELOPMENT: The intent of the program is to emphasize individual player development NOT team development. This includes technical, tactical, physical, and psychosocial development that will prepare them to compete in the sport and increase their knowledge and love of the game.
TIME COMMITMENT: Academy practices two times per week, with each practice being 75 minutes, rather than one time per week for the rec players at that age level.
COACHES: All academy coaches have earned their National E License from U.S. Soccer. Coaches are volunteers.
PRACTICE COMMITMENT: a) Players must attend practices – each practice is 75 minutes; b) have their own soccer ball and water and shin guards for each practice; c) must be respectful and responsive to the coaches; d) must not be disruptive to other players; and e) must demonstrate progress through the season.
GAMES: Academy is different from rec. There will NOT be a game each Saturday. Some weekends will be free; some will have multiple festival games; rather than games vs. other opponents, CSC may create smaller competitions to further focus on the developmental foundations of soccer. CSC will be following the guidelines of United States Youth Soccer and Virginia Youth Soccer to make sure that the kids develop their skills.
PARENT COMMITMENT: All players are required to attend both practices each week and all scheduled games/activities. Players need to arrive on the field for practices ready to begin and at the game field at the coach designated times. Any scheduling issues need to be sent to your team manager. There will be one parent meeting per season. At least one parent from each household must attend.
SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED: As long as your child is familiar with soccer and displays an appropriate level of athleticism and direction-following, then that is all we are looking for. We are confident that the players will improve if they follow through with the practice commitment.
If you have any questions on program specifics, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The U8 fields will be too saturated early in the morning for U8 games. All U8 games for Saturday, May 13th have been postponed until Saturday, May 20th. Schedules have been updated online.
Due to the forecasted soggy conditions for this evening, all Kindergarten activities for tonight have been rescheduled to tomorrow, May 13th, at 4pm. Same match-ups and locations.
The two tryout sessions that were cancelled on the field Thursday night due to storms in the area have been rescheduled.
The 2007B and 2005G sessions will be held on Monday, May 15th on CMS from 6-7:30pm. Please have players to the field by 5:45 for check-in.
All other age groups have completed their tryouts. Thank you to everyone that participated this week. We will be in touch the week of 5/21 with team offers.
Come on out to CMS on this Friday, May 5th for a special one night only FREE soccer clinic offered by Challenger Sports, our fantastic British Soccer Summer Camp hosts.
This will be an awesome night of fun training provided by top Challenger coaches. Appropriate for all skill levels and ages 3-18.
Location: Christiansburg Middle School soccer fields
Date: Friday, May 5th
RSVP is required. You won’t want to miss this.